Book giveaway “Teaching and Learning Terminology”
I only have one copy so the person who will receive this will be a university professor involved in terminology training. “Teaching and Learning Terminology” (2011) is edited by Amparo Alcina of the Universitat Jaume-I, Castellón, Spain, and gathers seven articles from terminology professors in several universities. All articles are in English except two that are in French. So I’d say that if you also can read French this is for you. I will also give preference to that person who does not have access to terminology books in his/her country.
Each article describes programs and experiences that the authors have in teaching terminology at university level. Here is a list of the articles:
- Teaching and learning terminology: New strategies and methods. Amparo Alcina
- Terminology and terminography for architecture and building construction. Trinidad Fernández, María Aurora Flórez de la Colina, and Pam Peters
- Comment mettre la main à la pâte en terminologie by Amélie Depierre
- Better integration for better preparation : Bringing terminology and technology more fully into translator training using the CERTT approach. Lynne Bowker and Elizabeth Marshman
- Terminological competence in translation. Silvia Montero Martínez and Pamela Faber Benítez
- Applying terminology knowledge to translation: Problem-based learning for a degree in translation and interpreting. Pilar Sánchez-Gijón, Anna Aguilar-Amat, Bartolomé Mesa-Lao, and Marta Pahisa Solé
- L’enseignement de la terminologie juridique française à un public slovène. Sonia Vaupot
I will pay for shipping too, and just for special occasions like this, I will also send the winner a T-shirt “Love your Terms”, as shown in the pictures (Yes, that’s me!) 🙂 and make sure you send a convincing note (Click here) as I will be publishing it, if you give permission, of course. Say who you are, what you do, and how you would use the book. Fair enough?
Just for the love of terminology. Share the love!